Tuesday 13 May 2014

Engine Removal (4)

Build Day 6

My friend Chris Morgan came over in June to help get the engine out and to take it to his workshop for stripping and inspecting. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera with me so I don't have any photos of the engine being removed.

Chris has now stripped down the engine and apart from the crack in the block it isn't in bad nick. The crack is repairable as it hasn't gone all the way through which is encouraging and has helped me make the decision that the car the car will be restored as modified concours (or reasonably close to that aim - costs, availability of part and ability will dictate how close we get) now rather than as a track car with a new lump.

Below are some of the images of the stripped engine.

Valves

Piston Bores

Camshaft


Block stripped

Piston and Crankshaft
Waiting for Chris to come back with a re-build plan and cost now - in the meantime its back to stripping down the rest of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment